Välkommen, Gäst
Användarnamn: Lösenord: Kom ihåg mig
  • Sida:

ÄMNE: 5.3 lesson materials

5.3 lesson materials 4 år 4 månader sedan #18167

• JamesMcWhirr
  • JamesMcWhirr Profilbild Författare till inlägg
  • Tack mottaget: 22
Read the essay (HL/SL) attached here and grade it according to the descriptors.

Reply here with your marks and comments, and I'll put up the official marks and comments after the lesson.

QUESTIONS
SL: In what ways is the reader seduced or comforted by the ideas in the works studied and in what ways challenged or alienated? Refer to at least two of the literary works you have studied.

HL: Context — historical, cultural or social — can have an influence on the way literary works are written or received. Discuss with reference to at least two of the works you have studied.
Bilagor:

Be Logga in ansluta till konversationen.

"So when people say that poetry shouldn't be studied at school because it's irrelevant, I suspect that [they] have had things pretty easy."
Jeanette Winterson
Last edit: av JamesMcWhirr.

5.3 lesson materials 4 år 4 månader sedan #18169

Now I know how exhausting it is to read a student's handwritten essay.
It is difficult to give marks for each criterion, as the essay did not include the question it was responding to. The essay seemed very thorough though when discussing the context of the works and their meaning. I found the handwriting difficult to read, so I probably did not understand each argument the essay portrayed. However, here are the scores I would give:

A- 4 or 5
B- I don't know what the question was, but probably 4 points.
C- 3, as there was a focus mainly on setting as a stylistic feature and little mention of other literary techniques.
D- 3 or 4
E- 3 or 4, due to the handwriting.

"Ooh! You So Nasty"

- Simon and Martina from EYK

5.3 lesson materials 4 år 4 månader sedan #18173

• JamesMcWhirr
  • JamesMcWhirr Profilbild Författare till inlägg
  • Tack mottaget: 22
Apologies for the delay, but here are the official examiner's comments for those two responses.
Bilagor:

"So when people say that poetry shouldn't be studied at school because it's irrelevant, I suspect that [they] have had things pretty easy."
Jeanette Winterson
  • Sida: